The Snohomish County Asset Building Coalition is working to advance the following objectives for 2016-2017:
- Integrating Financial Empowerment: Continue to work towards integrating asset building strategies within the body of our membership. Our members represent a broad range of community services from social enterprise to traditional housing programs. We are working to embed financial asset building strategies within our member agencies.
- Capacity building: Continue capacity building and increase the visibility of the Coalition. Recruit new members, promote active and effective collaboration and communication, and contribute to expanding asset building throughout the NW region and the state.
- Income Tax and EITC: Increase the number of low- to moderate-income people receiving tax assistance and collecting the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), while increasing access to public benefits and asset building products/services.
- Financial Education: Increase access for low- to moderate-income families and individuals, including youth, to free, high quality financial education. Strengthen the Snohomish Financial Educators Network (SCFEN). Provide financial education professional development training to “frontline” and relevant community agency staff. Host financial fitness events for the community to increase access to financial education and resources.
- Asset Ownership: Increase asset ownership among low-income families and individuals, as well as youth. Ensure that all Coalition members and partners are aware of Bank on Snohomish. Build capacity for the Bank On initiative. Increase access to affordable checking and savings accounts through marketing and outreach.
- Our 2016 – 2017 Work Plan: This work plan outlines our goals for the year.