Tax Sites are Now Closed for the Season

You can still file for free online at
Snohomish County Walk-In Hours and Locations
Sites are first-come, first-served, and they get crowded—especially during January and April. Arrive as close to opening time as possible for the best chance of receiving service.
Visit United Way of King County’s website for information on walk-in sites in King County.
Want to check the status of your refund?
Once your return has been filed, you can check your refund status with the IRS’ Where’s My Refund tool.
Need a copy of a previous year’s return?
United Way of Snohomish County does not keep copies of tax returns prepared at our sites after the filing deadline, but you can obtain a copy from the IRS.Want to volunteer at a tax site?
Visit our volunteers page.

Important Information
Please read the following for restrictions, required documents and limitations of service. 
We cannot prepare your return unless you bring all required documentation.
Required Documents We Provide
Assistance With
We Cannot Help
  • Valid photo identification for taxpayer and spouse
  • Social Security (or ITIN) cardsfor ALL people listed on return
  • ALL W-2s or 1099 income statements from all income sources
  • Form 1095-A, -B or -C if you have health insurance
  • Purchasing U.S. Savings Bonds
  • Applying forstate/federal benefits
  • Electronic filing
  • Refund direct deposit
  • College Education Credits
  • Child Tax Credits
  • Health Insurance
  • Taxpayers with income above $64,000
  • Taxpayers with Rental income or royalities
  • Taxpayers involved in partnerships
  • Taxpayers who are business owners
Optional Documents
Though the documents below are not required, having them may result in a larger refund or more convenience for you. If you have any of the following, make sure to bring them to your appointment:
  • A copy of last year’s tax return
  • Bank account and routing numbers for direct deposit
  • Out-of-pocket expenses for higher education (Form 1098-T)
  • Payments made on student loans (Form 1098-E)
  • Mortgage interest payments and insurance premiums (Form 1098)
  • Name, address and taxpayer identification number for a childcare provider
If you have questions, contact Lynsey Gagnon, Impact & Investment Coordinator, at or 425.374.5526.

Visit United Way of King County’s website for information on sites in King County.