NEXT QUARTERLY WORKSHOP
Next workshop 5/17 TBD
PREVIOUS MEETINGS & RESOURCES SHARED
2/14/17 – Washington Connections Benefits Website Training: DSHS will be providing a presentation at our regular Asset Building Coalition meeting, held 2-4pm, at United Way of Snohomish County, 3120 McDougall Ave. Everett, 98201. All frontline staff in the community are invited to attend, we will do some Coalition business and then DSHS will present. An opportunity to see the Coalition in action and to learn how to use this great resource to benefit clients. Washington connection overview.
2/22/17 – Coaching Through Scarcity Workshop: 9am-4:30pm, presented by The Prosperity Agenda, at the United Way of Snohomish County, 3120 McDougall Ave. Everett, 98201. Registration info contact Steve Creed, firstname.lastname@example.org. coaching through scarcity power point and handouts.
12/14/16 – Increasing Financial Capacity on the Frontline: Budgeting Basics, Understanding Credit, Goal Setting – 9:30am to 4pm. Presented by Goodwill Marysville, a sampling of the classes they offer at their site that are open to the community.
9/21/16 -Financial Coaching Basics Workshop – 9:30 am – 4:30 pm: United Way of Snohomish County Board Room (3120 McDougall Ave, Everett WA 98201): Look for registration email or contact Steve Creed.
Coaching Workshop Documents September 21, 2016
PowerPoint on Basic Concepts and Practices of Financial Coaching
Financial Coaching – Mini Tool Kit
Editable Financial Wheel of Life
6/14/16 – Financial Beginnings Orientation – 11:00am – 12:00pm United Way of Snohomish County Board Room (3120 McDougall Ave, Everett WA 98201) – If you would like to teach or offer Financial Beginnings classes at your agency, school or community center attend this one hour orientation that will give you access to the Financial Beginnings curriculum and volunteer teachers.
5/10/16 – Community Staffing / Frontline Problem Solving – We are offering a space for problem solving, networking, and collaboration on specific cases that staff could use “another set of eyes” on, and to encourage referrals between programs. Bring your difficult cases, and questions about resources!
3/8/16 – Community Staffing / Frontline Problem Solving – In response to requests that we offer a space for problem solving, networking, and collaboration on specific cases that staff could use “another set of eyes” on, and to encourage referrals between programs, we thought we would try something new. Bring your difficult cases, questions about resources, using the FHAT, Your Money Your Goals, YMYG Facilitating, Coaching approaches, hopefully with the brain power in the room we will help with solutions for your work and your clients.
2/11/16 – “Your Money, Your Goals” Workshop – toolkit!
1/12/16 – Client Tax Prep and Filing, Bank On / Getting Banked, Discussion/Feedback on FHAT toolkit and Financial Coaching Workshop, what is working and what is not? Facilitated by Kevin Futhey & Steve Creed. Please bring your questions, successes and frustrations. See Bank On and Tax Prep pages on this website for more info.
12/8/15 – FHAT – Financial Health Assessment Toolkit in Action – Presented by Steve Creed, will explain and demonstrate the use of the three pieces of our FHAT Toolkit, the Financial Satisfaction Wheel, the Financial Health Assessment Tool, and the Financial Health Assessment Worksheet
11/13/15 – Basic Concepts & Practice of Financial Coaching Workshop – Our first of a series of quarterly workshops. Presented by Devin Stubblefield of The Prosperity Agenda.
- Financial Coaching Workshop – The complete set of documents provided at our workshop including; Levels of Listening, Powerful Questions, Coaching Model, Behavioral Economics Glossary, SMART Goals.
- Coaching Conversation Model – Video from The Prosperity Agenda provides a step by step description of the stages of a Coaching meeting, with Devin Stubblefield.
10/9/15 – DV & Finances “In Her Shoes – Financial Justice Edition” Presented by Domestic Violence Services and YWCA Economic Resilience Initiative.
- Domestic Violence Financial Resource Guide – Prepared by Jennifer Quiroz of the YWCA Economic Resilience Initiative
9/8/15 – Exploring Employment while Receiving SSI/SSDI Benefits, Disability Basics Presented by; Plan to Work – Washington Access Fund – ROADS Initiative
- Plan to Work Brochure – Plan to Work is an invaluable resource for the case manager/client that provides a complete, individualized overview concerning benefits and earned income that will inform a clients decisions about going to work.
- http://washingtonaccessfund.org/ – Washington Access Fund offers assistive technology and business loans, IDA’s for assistive technology and business equipment for people with disabilities. Also on this website you will find information on the ROADS Program that includes financial literacy resources, financial aid for students with disabilities and home ownership for individuals or families with a disabled member.
7/31/15 – Financial Beginnings – Orientation and Curriculum Training, conducted at College of Hope, replaces Aug. 2015 meeting
- FINANCIAL BEGINNINGS BROCHURE – Financial Beginnings provides financial education curriculum and trainers that focuses on youth K – 12.
7/14/15 – Everything You Wanted to Know About Coordinated Entry
But Were Afraid to Ask
- COORD. ENTRY 7.13.15 -Power Point presented by Emily Grossman
- Housing Hope Prop.mgmt. Eduployment Flyer (1) – Brochure on Internship and Certification in Property Management
- Housing Hope Prop.mgmt. Eduployment Flyer (2) – Enrollment Form
6/09/15 – Financial Educators Network Informational/Steering/Advisory Workshop
- FEN Survey Results 7 6 2015
- k.12 financial edu. bill– the new k. 12 financial education law
- FEPPP Final Brochure– the brochure for the law
- ROADS Financial Education Disabilities– contact info for improving financial well-being/ security for disabled individuals who are working or exploring employment
5/12/15 – Re-establishing Financial Viability For People With Conviction Records
- Washington State Bonding Program PowerPoint… see final slide for contact info
- Snohomish Co. Re-entry Coalition
- EDCC Event July 23..24..2015
- Colorful Background Friendly Employers
- Working With A Conviction – A great PowerPoint from the ACLU with in depth strategies and issues to consider